The featured event of the evening at the Pennsylvania National Horse Show was the $34,000 Keystone Classic, a Longines World Ranking class, time first round speed format with fences set at 1.45 meters. A field of 16 horse and rider combinations took to the ring to see who could run the fastest over a course of 15 obstacles.
It was a speed duel between Swiss rider Beat Mändli with Celina, owned by Grant Road Partners, who had a fault free performance over the fences in a time of 58.75 and Irish rider Conor Swail and Cita, owned by Susan and Ariel Grange, who also jumped without penalty in a time of 58.79. Mändli took first place over Swail by a margin of .04 seconds.
"She is only eight years old," said Mändli. "Grant Road Partners bought her one year ago now and she is a really nice horse. She is hopefully going to be a grand prix horse. I really like her, she is a nice mare. We have been just playing with meter thirty meter thirty five with her. She is always in the ribbons. I went a little bit faster with her and she really plays the game. To be honest I thought I did not ride so well. We had a bit of misunderstanding to the red fence, then again to the next line, but she really helped me out. I did not think I could win the class when I went because I had to repair a little bit. She is a wonderful mare."
Mändli and Celine, by virtue of this win, tied Swail and Cita for the Open Jumper Speed Championship and the Showday Farm Challenge Trophy.
Source: Press release from Classic Communications
Plc Horse / Sire x Dam Rider / Owner R1 TA:69
1. 27 CELINA, COLA x FAGENA Beat Mandli (SUI), Grant Road Partners Llc 0 58.750
2. 11 CITA, CASALL x VORR Conor Swail (IRL), Susan & Ariel Grange 0 58.790
3. 61 BARLANDO, ORLANDO x BALAHE' Conor O'regan (IRL), Erin Walker 0 62.070
4. 67 VDL TORLANDO, CORLAND x NIRONA Callan Solem (USA), Torlando Group 0 62.830
5. 52 CAROLIEN VH SCHEEFKASTEEL, Perhaps VH Molenvondel x Qalanka V Scheefkanteel Z Vanessa Mannix (CAN), Vanessa Mannix 0 64.780
6. 46 UTAH, ANDIAMO x PETIT POMMES D Leslie Howard (USA), The Utah Group 4
This photo has been added to your cart !Your shopping cart »