The 2014 International Bromont's final event, the World Cup qualifier, ended with American riders dominating, as they took seven of the top ten places, including the top five. Designed for testing both the technical and athletic abilities of participating riders, the course created by Venezuela's Leopoldo Palacios, featured 13 obstacles for 16 efforts in a time allowed of 93 seconds.
Only five pairs entered successfully made it to the jump-off, including the winners of the July 20th Grand Prix, Denise Wilson and Winter. Of the five duos that made it to the second round, only four would effectively participate: Olympic rider Leslie Howard was unable to compete in the jump-off because of a fall incurred in the warm-up ring, automatically placing fifth with Utah. Bromont native rider Mario Deslauriers, gambled on speed to take first place with Scout de la Cense, but a fallen bar denied him the win. Denise Wilson / Winter and Candice King / Combina took the lead with two clear rounds. The last duo on the course, Todd Minikus and Quality Girl, earned the win with a course executed at full speed; they beat their closest opponents, Candice King and Combina, by more than three seconds.
More information will be available on the Bromont Olympic Equestrian Park site at www.parcequestrebromont.org.
Results - World Cup Qualifier
1. Todd Minikus (USA) / Quality Girl 0-0, 37.65
2. Candice King (USA) / Combina 0-0, 40.73
3. Denise Wilson (USA) / Winter 0-0, 41.43
4. Mario Deslauriers (USA) / Scout de la Cense 0-4, 37.82
5. Leslie Howard (USA) / Utah 0, 91.34
6. Liubov Kochetova (RUS) / Balou du Reventon 1, 95.09
7. Candice King (USA) / Balous Day Date 1, 96.02
8. Kama Michelle Godek (USA) / Air Force One 4, 91.46
9. Jennifer Serek (CAN) / Okapi de Terlong 4, 91.69
10. Richie Moloney (IRL) / Freestyle de Muze 4, 92.29
Source: Press release from Phelps Media Group, Inc. International
This photo has been added to your cart !Your shopping cart »