Alvaro de Miranda – more known as Doda – ends his 2012 season receiving the award "Premio Brasil Olimpico 2012". The Brazilian showjumper who is also one of the best showjumping-organizers worldwide, got the award at the Theatre in Rio de Janeiro yesterday. "This is a major honor, I am really happy," Doda says in a press release. This is the third time Doda has got the pleasure to hold the trophy in his hands; he also won it in 1996 and 2003.
The prize demonstrates the highest recognition that a Brazilian athlete can receive nationally. The award was created in the nineties by the Brazilian Olympic Committee, who wanted to have a form of maximum recognition that could be bestowed upon the Brazilian athletes that were considered to have been the best in the country. The first installment of the award was held in São Paulo, but every other ceremony thereafter has been held in Rio de Janeiro.
The winners of each sport's election integrate the longlist for the highest award to be granted: the Athlete of the Year award. From the longlist, three finalists (or nominees) are selected, with the winner announced only at the Award Ceremony.
So the year 2012 ends very successful for Doda after a season with super results on AD Rahmannshof’s Bogeno and AD Asleigh Drossel Dan. Now rider and horses will enjoy a little break, and start their competitions again in January 2013.
Doda´s victories 2012:
- 1. place Stadtwerke Aachen prize at the CHIO Aachen on AD Rahmannshof’s Bogeno
- 1. place CSI 5* in La Coruna on AD Rahmannshof’s Bogeno
- 1. place World Cup triumph in Geneva on AD Ashleigh Drossel Dan
- 1. place Lausanne Grand Prix on AD Ramannshof´s Bogeno
- 1. place nation challenge Brazil OIAOHS Rio de Janeiro with Drossel Dan
- 1. place Prix GDE Paris Gucci Masters with AD Asleigh Drossel Dan
- 1. place "Credit Suisse Geneva Classics" with AD Asleigh Drossel Dan
Source: Press release
This photo has been added to your cart !Your shopping cart »