Yesterday’s Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup in Drammen, Norway, saw the French team ending on top of the podium yet again. It was a close call though, with the Dutch team breathing the French riders in the neck all the way to the end. It was the anchor rider for France Timothee Anciaume that secured the win; the 34 year old had already produced a great first clear on Quorioso Pre Noir – a 9 year old stallion by Kannan. Timothee had one of only two double clears in the Nations Cup, the other belonged to French first rider Nicolas Delmotte on Number One d'Iso Un Prince (Baloubet du Rouet x Si Tu Viens). Together with Mathieu Billo on Pardoes (0-(9)) and François Xavier Boudan and Amadeus Z’s ((4)-4) performances it was good enough for the win as the team ended on a total score of four penalties, three ahead of the Dutch team at seven faults. Sweden ended third ahead of the hosts Norway in fourth.
After the win French Chef d’Equipe Philippe Guerdat said this to FEI; “I asked Timothee to go last because he is the most experienced rider in today’s team. For Francois-Xavier Boudant this was his first Nations Cup. He had no experience at this level, so it is really good for him to start with a winning result! Nicolas Delmotte did a really good job there, and he definitely has a horse for the future, and Mathieu Billot is our youngest rider today. He did very well. He was a European Junior Champion eight years ago and will definitely be one for the future.”
1. France 4 faults: Number One d'Iso Un Prince (Nicolas Delmotte) 0/0, Pardoes (Mathieu Billot) 0/9, Amadeus Z (Francois Xavier Boudant) 4/4, Quorioso Pre Nois (Timothee Anciaume) 0/0.
2. Netherlands 7 faults: Wan Architect (Eric van der Vleuten) 0/4, KM Wish (Suzanne Tepper) 1/1, Atlanta (Peter Bulthuis) 4/0, Liberty Antara (Henk van de Pol) 1/4.
3. Sweden 12 faults: Echo de Laubry (Royne Zetterman) 17/13, Udermus (Douglas Lindelow) 4/0, Titan (Emma Emanuelsson) 1/6, H&M Cash In (Peder Fredricson) 1/0.
4. Norway 18 faults: Dimaro Vd Looise Heide (Dag Ove Kingsrod) 5/4, Urval (Victoria Gulliksen) 2/2, CC Top (Ole Kristoffer Meland) 9/4, Edesa S Banjan (Geir Gulliksen) 1/10.
5. Italy 23 faults: Loro Piana Acamar (Massimiliano Ferrario) 5/4, Baretto (Roberto Turchetto) 4/4, Silverstras (Giovanni Consorti) 5/8, Connery (Luca Maria Moneta) 16/1.
6. Finland 88 faults: Cue Channa (Sebastian Numminen) 13/Withdrawn, Elba (Niklas Aromaa) 2/16, Quenaro (Mikko Maentausta) 9/18, Celestine (Satu Liukkonen) 5/Withdrawn.
7. Russia 16 in FIRST ROUND: Like You 2 (Sergey Khomashko) 10, Pimlico (Anna Gromzina) 5, Triggy Puh (Olga Chechina) 9, Littlefoot 22 (Vladimir Beletsky) 2.
Belarus 30 faults in FIRST ROUND: Wacantos (Yahor Morotski) 15, Lodonkor (Vasil Ivanou) 14, Clooney (Ibragim Vaskov) 10, Colin (Maksim Kryna) 6.
This photo has been added to your cart !Your shopping cart »