The 2013 FTI Consulting Winter Equestrian Festival (FTI WEF) continued with its first week of competition on Friday at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center (PBIEC) with a win for New York's Georgina Bloomberg and South Street in the $1,500 Adequan 7-Year-Old Young Jumper Championship Qualifier.
Eric Hasbrouck is the course designer in the International Arena this week and set the tracks for Friday's jumper classes. In the $1,500 Adequan 7-Year-Old Young Jumper Championship Qualifier, Georgina Bloomberg and South Street, owned by Gotham Enterprizes, LLC, earned victory in a class of 35 competitors. Out of those 35, ten entries went clear to jump-off, and Bloomberg and South Street had the fastest of eight double clear rounds in a time of 31.818 seconds.
Laura Chapot finished second aboard Mary Chapot's Castellana with a jump-off time of 32.829 seconds. Marilyn Little and Raylyn Farms, Inc.'s Nightfire 25 were third in 33.224 seconds.
This was Bloomberg and South Street's second win of the week after also topping one of the division's classes on Thursday. South Street is a homebred mare that Bloomberg is proud to have raised and developed.
"She is actually our first homebred," the rider stated after today's win. "I rode her mother, Mila, in the grand prixs. She was actually my first grand prix horse and I did my first Nation's Cup with her and everything. She had an injury a few years ago, so we decided to give her a little time off and let her have a baby and that baby was South Street."
"It has been really fun to see not only my first baby grow up, but to also have her be so fun and good to ride," Bloomberg smiled. "She is so careful and she is really brave. She reminds me a lot of her mother, so it is fun to bring things that I used to remember with Mila into South Street."
"We actually named her Shrimp even before she was born and she came out like a nice sized pony," Bloomberg laughed.
Commenting on her round in today's jump-off, Bloomberg detailed, "I didn't try to go too crazy. It is early in the circuit, so I didn't want to run her off her feet, but she is really good at turning, so I wanted to make sure that I took advantage of that. I didn't have to gallop across the ground, but was able to turn back and cut off time there."
Final Results: $1500 Adequan 7 Year Old YJC II.2.b
1. SOUTH STREET GEORGINA BLOOMBERG GOTHAM ENTERPRIZES, LLC: 0/0/31.818
2. CASTELLANA LAURA CHAPOTMARY CHAPOT: 0/0/32.849
3. NIGHTFIRE 25 MARILYN LITTLERAYLYN FARMS, INC: 0/0/33.224
4. ROLE MODEL TAYLOR FLURY ALIBOO FARM: 0/0/34.276
5. G&C ATLANTA RODRIGO PESSOA GUSTAVO MIRABAL: 0/0/34.812
6. BIALDA RAMIRO QUINTANA ST. BRIDES FARM: 0/0/34.892
7. GRETEL HEATHER CARISTO WILLAMS MR. & MRS. RALPH CARISTO: 0/0/35.476
8. BIBI SIJGJE CATHERINE PASMORE PASMORE STABLES, LLC: 0/0/36.725
9. FARINA ROBERTO TERAN ARK PARTNERS, LLC: 0/4/35.627
10. CALISTA LAURENZ BUHL GOTHAM ENTERPRIZES, LLC: 0/4/38.857
11. MARQUIS PAUL HALPERN KATHLEEN KAMINE: 1/80.528
12. DOBRA DE PORCEYO SCHUYLER RILEY WOLFSTONE STABLES & SALES, INC: 1/80.646
Source: Lauren Fisher and Laura Cardon for Jennifer Wood Media, Inc.
This photo has been added to your cart !Your shopping cart »