Irish rider Richie Moloney finished on top in the Modified Grand Prix event, on Saturday July 27 at the 38th edition of International Bromont. Venezuelan course designer Leopoldo Palacios' course comprised many technical difficulties, as the participants' results reflected. Of the 34 pairs in the class, none succeeded in executing a perfect round. The time allowed of 83 seconds combined with a highly challenging course resulted in no riders finishing on time could avoid jumping faults.
As the spectators were getting ready for a second round for those riders that were on four faults, Ireland's Richie Moloney got in the ring on his mount Slieveanorra. Very carefully, Moloney avoided jumping faults although on the expense of a time penalty. Moloney and Slieveanorra kept their lead and ended up winning the Modified Grand Prix, offering $15,000 in prize money. Roberto Teran ended second with the fastest four faults-round on ADC Chef Z, while Christine McCrea ended third on Avenir.
Results - Modified Grand Prix
1. Richie Moloney (IRL) / Slieveanorra 1, 85.74
2. Roberto Teran (COL) / ADC Chef Z 4, 77.02
3. Christine McCrea (USA) / Avenir 4,78.46
4. François Lamontagne (CAN) / Nature des Pierres 4, 79.14
5. Nicole Bellissimo (USA) / VDL Bellefleur 4, 81.37
6. Andrew Bourns (IRL) / Quintello 4, 82.23
7. Jennifer Candele (CAN) / Naiade de Kergan 5, 83.61
8. Émilie Parent (CAN) / Rufus de violaines 8, 77.77
9. Susan Horn (CAN) / Vodka 8, 79.20
10. Andrew Bourns (IRL) / Carmina 8, 79.71
Source: Press release from Phelps Media Group, Inc. International
This photo has been added to your cart !Your shopping cart »