Olympic rider Jill Henselwood won the first international show jumping event in Bromont on July 17 with her mount Bolero HX in an unbeaten time of 40.95 seconds. For this FEI (Fédération Équestre Internationale) event, FEI4* Brazilian course designer Guilherme Jorge prepared a course with 12 obstacles for 15 efforts, with six rider/horses duos acceding to the jump-off including, Canadian Jill Henselwood and Kelley Robinson, American Derek Braun and Denise Wilson, Russian Liubov Kochetova as well as 2013 International Bromont World Cup Qualifier winner, Ireland's Andrew Bourns.
Jill Henselwood is the first out on for the jump-off with Bolero HX, an 8-year-old Dutch half-blood. The pair establishes the time to beat with a clear round in 40.95 seconds. None of the following five teams will be able to take her out of first place. Andrew Bourns on Bart C came close to second place, but a bar down left them in fourth. American rider Denise Wilson, competing in Bromont for the first time, took second place with Quidam's Hero, while Canadian rider Kelley Robinson and her mount Enzo, rounded up the Top 3.
Results - 1.50m FEI
1. Jill Henselwood (CAN) / Bolero HX 0-0, 40.95
2. Denise Wilson (USA) / Quidam's Hero 0-0, 44.79
3. Kelley Robinson (CAN) / Enzo 0-0, 46.30
4. Andrew Bourns (IRL) / Bart C 0-4, 43.96
5.Liubov Kochetova (RUS) / Urus 2 0-4, 47.28
6. Derek Braun (USA) / Cujo 7 0-12, 46.57
7. Andrew Bourns (IRL) / Venice 4, 80.60
8. Andrew Bourns (IRL) / Casper 4, 81.73
9. Frank Hendriks (NED) / Domar 4, 82.59
10. Peter Leone (USA) / Wayfarer 4, 83.07
Source: Press release from Phelps Media Group, Inc. International
This photo has been added to your cart !Your shopping cart »