The International Bromont ended Sunday July 28th with Irishman Andrew Bourns' stunning victory in the Quebec Original World Cup qualifying event, at the Bromont Olympic Equestrian Park.
The course, designed by world renowned Leopoldo Palacios (VEN), comprised thirteen obstacles and sixteen efforts, with a time allowed of 85 seconds. Only three of the twenty-eight participating pairs made it to the jump-off, as there were many technical difficulties. The last double combination, with one stride between both fences, did not leave many survivors. Derek Braun (USA) on Lacarolus, Liubov Kochetova (RUS) on Aslan and Andrew Bourns (IRL) on Gatsby were the only ones to qualify for the jump-off.
American Derek Braun was the first in the ring for the second round, where he and Lacarolus rode a clear round in 42.77 seconds. Liubov Kochetova on Aslan got a better time than the first pair, but a pole down took away their chance for a win. Andrew Bourns was the last competitor in the ring and went for it on his mount Gatsby. With calculated risks and precise turns Bourns shaved off over two seconds on Braun's time, taking home the win.
Results - Quebec Orignial World Cup
1. Andrew Bourns (IRL) / Gatsby 0-0, 40.20
2. Derek Braun (USA) / Lacarolus 0-0,42.77
3. Liubov Kochetova (RUS) / Aslan 0-4,42.68
4. Roberto Teran (COL) / Woklahoma 1,86.91
5. Elizabeth Gingras (CAN) / Avensis 4 4,81.86 6. Angela Covert (CAN) / Utan 4, 82.14
7. Andrew Bourns (IRL) / New Boy de Logerie 4, 82.52
8. Mac Cone (CAN) / Amor van de Rostal 4, 83.03
9. David Arcand (CAN) / Vledder 4, 83.09
10. Liubov Kochetova (RUS) / Wilford 2 5, 85.96
Source: Press release from Phelps Media Group, Inc. International.
This photo has been added to your cart !Your shopping cart »