World of Showjumping
World of ShowjumpingWorld of Showjumping

Alex Tyler-Morris: Now it's time to get serious!

Thursday, 19 March 2015
Winter Equestrian Festival 2015

Alex blog

So when I left you last it was Sunday and I had the plan of going for a FEW drinks. Anybody that knows me will know that this plan did not change. This is pretty much how it went:

  • Went for dinner with a friend.
  • Said friend was an hour late (you know who you are).
  • Had a few drinks and made the decision to go to the next place.
  • I said I would meet them there.
  • Met new friends.
  • 45 minutes later I finally managed to turn up at the next bar picking some more people up along the way.
  • Met all my friends, new and old, at the bar.
  • In conclusion I think I might have been a good friend/bad friend all at the same time, but you can make your own minds up about that one.

Monday came around and the WEF on a Monday is like a ghost town. Compared to the rest of the week. Only a few people around the whole show ground. It's a little strange to be honest normally there's so much going on here all the time and then on a Monday, nothing.

I rode all the horses in the morning, before it got to hot. Don and Walnut can't go off the show ground because of the quarantine rules but Louis however, because he's a gelding, can. I took this opportunity to go and do a little exploring round Grand Prix village and I think Louis quite enjoyed it.

In the afternoon I had to clip. This is not my favourite job to do especially when I'm at a show and its 30 degrees. Started with one, then did two and thought I may as well do all three. Got finished quite late but at least it was all done

On Tuesday was the vet check and I don't know what it is in America but the vet check or 'jog' as it's called here always seems to take for ever. Everyone seems to start queueing at 12.30, if not before, when the vet check starts at 1. There can be at least 25 people standing waiting by 12.45, but that's the way it goes. I just wait until the end.

Harrie arrived yesterday evening and today we had Louis and Don in the 1.45 speed. Both horses jumped really good and both finished in the top 15. Tomorrow we jump Walnut in the WEF so hopefully this form continues. If not a little better.

So now it's time to get serious!

Till next time.


This photo has been added to your cart !

Your shopping cart »
This website is using cookies for statistics, site optimization and retargeting purposes. You consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website. Read more here.